Then it was time to make the doll, the concept is to have a internal wire and rod skeleton allowing the doll to pose and have no visible joints, this part of the process was particularly difficult. Making the internal armature seems simple but I had to make 11 armatures before I made one that finally worked.
My next challenge was to find a way to suspend the skeleton in the mould, and... well again I made several mistakes and wasted many litres of silicone (which is not cheap!) but my perseverance paid off and finally I was successful, I had a successful working prototype!! and I couldn't be prouder.
There is some thing extremely satisfying to have a vision, follow it through and have a tangible object which is your personal creation at the end of the process. My husband who has never voluntarily picked up any of my dolls actually played with my prototype. His suggestion is to sell the doll as is like a piece of art but as doll collectors know what the doll is wearing is as important as the doll it self!
So now that her body is done it is time to finish the head.