Tuesday 6 January 2015

JL dolls is taking shape!!!



So I have been in a studio space working very hard sculpting. 

It has actually taken me 7 months to produce a  new body and head that I was satisfied with. It was a very very very steep learning curve and my initial attempts were so unsatisfactory that I decided I had to  get a sculpting instructor to help me.

To get a convincing body and face sculpt you have to learn a lot about the human anatomy- skeleton and muscles. Well! The private instruction did pay off and my skills improved exponentially, which encouraged me greatly. My husband and daughters were amazed (and you know how hard it is to impress your own family, lol).

The first doll I created looks so amateurish compared to this doll that I am sharing with you. Maybe someday I will share pics of that first doll, but now when I look at her, all I see is my mistakes and I can hear my instructor say "everything's so wrong!".

I sculpted the doll in polymer clay. The body is baked and I am sanding it. The head is still being worked but I am loving her, I am especially proud of her ears.

will the sanding never end

size comparison, my doll is a bit more athletic
she is getting there




1 comment: