So I finished the head of the doll, sanded it and made a mold, BUT I made an error, sprayed the head with a matte varnish that I purchased 6 yrs ago so when I used the platinum silicone to make the mold,
parts of my mold did not set!! the matte varnish had discoloured a bit perhaps from the can rusting and cause the silicone not to cure DRAMA!! I had to make a new mold using a tin cure silicone make a resin cast and then make a platinum silicone mold, I was relieved that the tin cure silicone was not as finicky as the platinum silicone otherwise my beautifully sculpted head would have been useless.
|Sculpey on the left-silicone on the right|
Silicone rubber is set or cured by combining 2 liquids. To read more check the link on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicone_rubber
The completion of my doll is getting close, I think because I have a self imposed dead-line for early may I am really concentrating on her, but I did get a little side tracked when I attempted to make lingerie, after all one still has to have some fun. I had this idea to create a lingerie angel like those incredible Victoria Secret models.
I also thought it would be easy to make. Her bustier top took me an entire weekend, so much time that my husband remarked "those must be the most expensive pair of undies per square inch". it took many may attempts to get the right pattern, and the many more attempts at sewing the garment. I eventually had to hand sew 90% of the outfit I do like the results but it will be awhile before I make
some lingerie pattern attempts the were many many more